Soy Wax Candles

Thursday, March 24, 2011

MY HOME TOWN

I wanted to share a few photos of my home town that I have lucky enough to recently move back to. If you ever get a chance to visit Nevada County it is a wonderful part of the world and a huge part of California history. And if you are a Vintage lover...as I am. It is everywhere...in the architecture...shops...events...the families that have been here for generations. It is like stepping back in time and just slowing down.
I hope you enjoy a view of my home town.
Grass Valley & Nevada City are called sister city's...they are 5 miles apart...but they flow together as one.
We have some of the most beautiful rivers with amazing covered bridges...I just love the sound of driving through one...on the old wood floors.


This is a shot of Broad Street in Nevada City...which has often been called little San Francisco.


The old firehouse they still use in Historic Nevada City.




This is the Main House of the Historic Empire Mine in Grass Valley...just around the corner of my home. My youngest son Chad was married on those very steps. This is now a National Park and well worth a visit back in time.


Down town Grass Valley.


Just one of our beautiful Churches.
I hope you enjoyed the little tour...I will post more about my home town...when it stops raining...and I can get outside and take more photos.
Cathleen alyce


5 comments:

  1. You ARE lucky to move back. It must feel like a big hug to move back home to a beautiful place like this. Its so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, IT REMINDS ME OF CONNECTICUT, A PLACE I GO TO OFTEN, LOVE IT! YOU'RE TEMPTING ME TO HEAD WEST :) GIO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There Neighbor, Just love Grass Valley- we go there every year to cut our xmas tree down. Eat at Humpty Dumpty's and walk the old beautiful Streets...
    Thanks for Sharing, why we love it..
    Karryann
    Cant wait to see you again at the Sac ANtique Fair..
    p.s. do you still have the settee frame

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour of what it WILL look like! We just moved to Penn Valley and every time I've driven up to Grass Valley I've been caught in the snow! All the locals assure me "Its never like this.." :)

    I do love all things vintage so I'm hoping we'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to meet you... We lived in Grass Valley almost seven years ago..only there for a short time, but I loved it. We so adored wandering up and down the streets of Nevada City and GV....such quaintness. I loved that little shop flower shop in GV...can't think of the name now. Such beautiful flowers and such. Wild Plum?? Thanks for showing pics and I will continue to look for more. Have a great week. xoso Sandy O

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Vintage Home lifestyle. I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments.