Soy Wax Candles

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BACK TO THE BARN...

It has been way to long since my last post...I have been a bit overwhelmed with the decision I needed to make for myself & my business...so I felt it was time to let my readers know what I am up too...

I am moving my shoppe "VINTAGE HOME lifestyle" back to my Barn in Dry Creek Valley...and will be holding monthly Barn Sales and taking the show on the road doing Antique Faires & Markets...as always offering the same great French Farmhouse & Shabby Chic inspired Furniture & decor...but set in an old barn on my property in Dry Creek Valley Wine Country

I found that I was unable to keep up the demand of offering one-of-a-kind pieces while running a brick-n-mortar retail shoppe...my passion has always been with the hunt and refurbishing, redesigning & repurposing of those finds...going back to the basics (or back to the barn) enables me to follow that passion and be true to myself & my customers & clients...I am a firm believer that doing what you love and following your passion is the key to true success.

I thank all of you for your kind words, support & encouragement. I am so very excited about this change and look forward to keeping you posted...

look for upcoming BARN SALE dates soon...

I have added a few photos of my little shoppe...















16 comments:

  1. I recently discovered your blog and find it so beautiful and inspiring. I too am a firm believer that doing what you love and following your passion is the key to true success.

    Your shoppe is beautiful and I would love to visit it sometime in the near future.

    I wish you all the best and much success in your new location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Cathleen! I've always loved the Barn Sales and the whole Wine Country atmosphere myself. Friday nights at your Barn, a glass of cool wine, twinkly lights and gorgeous goods under the stars? I will be there... Lucky for moi, it's only five minutes (driving quickly) from my maison.
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We totally get you!! We also have a B&M store and as much as we love having it, sometimes we think that just having a space in someone else's store will be perfect.
    We know you will be successful in your new adventure because your look and merchandise are wonderful! Stop by sometime and say Hello!
    Marcela & Clara
    Nice & Easy Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZERS! I want that console made from corinthian columns!! :)

    Gorgeous shop!! :)

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos of your shoppe are so wonderful. Wish I could come to your upcoming Barn Sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your displays are amazing! Thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you returned. I kept coming over and you didn't post for so long, I gave up. But when Tracie said your back I had to come see for myself.

    I hope I can come to see you this time. Barn Sales YAY !!!


    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little shop! Wonderful pictures! Wish I lived closer.... Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathleen, Tracie said I have to tell you that she sent me so... Tracie sent me! So glad she did, I'm loving your treasures, wish I could pop over to your barn though,
    Australia is a little far :0(
    Alicia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I came over from Tracie's place to check your's out and it is just lovely. The photos of your shoppe are just the very things I adore. Good luck with following your passion.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathleen,

    I have discovered your wonderful blog, from Tracie.

    I enjoyed my visit and loved seeing all the beautiful treasures you sell in your shop. I only wished I lived nearby.

    You need to follow your dream and I want to wish you all the very best, in your new Barn shop

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I long to visit your beautiful shop! Perhaps one day when I make it out to visit dear Tracie! And yes, we should follow our hearts and passions and do what feels right...I wish you the best of luck in the transition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!! Good luck and congrats!!! Love Tiina..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds FAB!!! I want to pop over when Tracie does for that glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog today and it is awesome. Love the pics of your shoppe, and wishing you much success on your move back to the barn.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. I look forward to coming to one of your Barn Sales soon!!! I think taking time to do what you love is so important - look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Vintage Home lifestyle. I enjoy and appreciate reading your comments.